Monday 10 September 2012

EFAA National Champs...and a decent result

I attended my first EFAA Competition on the weekend of the 8th/9th of September at March Hare Archers in Worcester.

The first day I shot a good PB on the Hunter round of 536, which put me in third place and seeded me in the top group for the second day.

The second day (Field round) started well; my first half of 269 was strong, but I faded a little in the second half and had some odd targets with windage issues, and overall ground out an OK score of 530.

Overall this was good enough for 3rd place, and not too far off the 2nd and 1st placed archers (who have some pedigree), so I came away pleased, but a load of things to work on and improve if I am to bridge the gap to the next level.

In a few weeks I have a FITA Field shoot at Crawley, and EFAA 3D round and a GNAS Foresters. Ideal prep for the Surrey Field Champs in November.

Then I need to sit down and work out a plan of action for next year. As EFAC is no longer an option, the Welsh Field Masters Tour (WFAA) is probably my main focus for next year, along with the various EFAA national championship shoots.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, this is a nice looking blog and a good read. Best of luck at Crawley, etc.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I have read all your Blog this So Nice and Awesome service you have provided, I learn many new things from here and want implement my website. If you are also Know for laser tag warwickshirerelated to this then visit my website.

    ReplyDelete