Wednesday 20 March 2013

EFAA Hunter round PB

I shot a Hunter classification round at Panther and put in a very nice PB of 544. It's my aim this year to be clearing 540+, and having narrowly missed out on my last classification shoot, it was nice to do it on my second of the year. That means I have also re-qualified for my SFM classification.

I started the round with a lowly 17/20, and other than the last few targets when the rain came down hard, the round was probably the best I have shot for a long time. I did finish the last target, a 70 yard walk-up, with a really nice tight group for a 20/20. I will need to learn not to cramp up when things get wet!

This form was attributed to my release aid grip more than anything else. Keeping a constant pressure across the whole hand mean't that my aim was not bobbing up and down so much. Often, the grip pressure is uneven and can cause, I think, the release aid to pivot, which transmits to the d-loop and ultimately the bow.

What has also helped is that the last few weeks indoors, I have been shooting on a blank boss to get the feel of the shot. The results are starting to now show so I will continue with doing this.

This weekend is my first 3D competition of the year at Whitemark Bowmen. If I shoot as well again, I should be in the running.

4 comments:

  1. The information that you provided was thorough and helpful. I will have to share your article with others
    3D Archery Targets

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I hope my write ups are useful to the readers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great tips! I'm definitely sharing your article with my students I teach recurve bow to. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for such an informative post. Archery is a good recreational sport and it can help to shape the mind and the body positively. So we are here to guide and serve at Archery in Pakistan with skilled and experienced coaches.

    ReplyDelete