Thursday 24 December 2009

Give it a rest!

Not much has happened over the last few weeks so nothing to really report. I shot a Portsmouth last night, and set my self a target of 575, and shot 573, so again, goal setting is still working and I am hitting 570+ regularly now.

However, I am still having issues with my rest and the large arrows. Due to the weight of the arrow, it bounces off the rest when drawing. You have to **really** steady. It was noted by another archer that the long rod was really wobbling and could be the cause. I have extended the long rod and it does flex a lot, although it shoots well. I have to get this sorted, either by changing the long rod (don't want to do that), get a stiffer blade or maybe open up the blade a bit so the arrow sits deeper down.

Oh well, no more shooting for a few days now due to Christmas, but it will soon be the new year and I really look forward to ramping up the practice ready for the outdoor season next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment