Thursday 3 December 2009

Need for concentration

I shot a Portsmouth round last night, and probably shot the best round I had ever shot in terms of shot execution, and it was really nice to follow up on the second session from the Surrey Indoor in Sunday. At one stage I shot 14 consecutive 10's and simply could not miss (have never done that before).

However, I blew my chance of a PB (OK, its only a club night shoot) because I shot one arrow on the wrong three spot face. Granted it was a 10 and a great shot (that's all that matters ;-)), but I should have been paying attention more. Even during the aiming process something felt a little odd, but the shot process had started and I didn't think it was because I was aiming at the wrong spot!

That cost me 10 points, and I finished with 568, it could have been 578.

I need to learn to pay attention, get my alignment right and come down if something it not right.

Other than that, I am delighted with how I shot, and I feel now I have stepped up a level and look forward to building on that over the coming weeks and months. The bow is shooting unbelievably well and am delighted with it and its set-up at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment