Friday 1 July 2011

Practice update...

Shot a 662 Long Metric during the week, which is a new county record. Shot OK but struggling a little with the trigger release, so after the round I got the hinge release out and shot three ends of 11 arrows @ 70m. I put in 32 golds out of 33 arrows. I don't get the hinge out that often but this really felt good.

So tonight I shot a Short Metric with it and scored 694, a practice PB by one point (and would have been a county record, but no witnesses...). Dropped some silly shots but overall most of the shots were fantastic, really committed and explosive.

After the Short Metric, I shot an 11 arrow end at 90m, and again the shots were really nice, a couple of reds but put in X X X X X 10 10 10 9 8 8.



This leaves me with a dilemma. I have the Surrey County Champs in a few weeks, and if I can shoot this well with the hinge, do I ditch the trigger release? I will practice more with it in weeks leading up to it and see how I get on, but its looking pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment