Wednesday 2 June 2010

Monster tiller and cam timing sorted

Since I have been shooting the Monster, it has been set with an even tiller but the limb bolts have been wound out a different number of turns to achieve this.

I have since found out that the limb bolts should be wound out the same, even if it means the tiller is not even. In this case, the tiller is about 3 - 4mm difference.

Tonight I changed the set-up to this configuration, and also got the cams back in time (back wall has been a bit spongy but I have been a bit lazy in sorting it out!). I then shot 3 dozen @ 90m and shot a practice PB of 326. The included a couple of sloppy 8's, so it could have been better.

The bow feels really nice now with a solid back wall and the valley doesn't feel so shallow either, so I am able to be at full draw without creeping off the wall.

The moral of the story is, get your bow in tune, its worth the effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment