Sunday 15 August 2010

Back to earth with a bump

Once again I headed out to the range to shoot another York as part of my pledge to shoot a 12 doz round every week. However, I really could not get into gear and shot poorly compared to recent practice and competition standards.

100 yards was poor, shooting two 46 and one 48 end, and I ended up with 598, about 20+ points from my normal practice score.

80 yards was solid, but I still struggled, but got back some consistent form, being strong in the shot towards the end of the distance.

60 yards was clean with a few dodgy shots.

The problem was I was not strong in the shot and my alignment was poor. I was not in the right mind and struggled to focus fully.

Having said that I shot 1234. In competition this would be a very solid MB score, so to shoot badly and still hit this level is a positive. I think I need to be mindful that I have set a high standard in the last few months and have not had many blips. I have to expect to have a few lows.

Next week is the Kent Target Champs, so I need to clear the mind and go back to basics.

No comments:

Post a Comment