Monday 2 August 2010

Surrey vs Kent county match and my first GMB score!

This weekend I shot for Surrey in a friendly against Kent. I was hoping for good weather and got it and my chance to prove the GMB level scores I have shot in practice could be transferred to competition.

I practised a timed York on Saturday morning and blew away my previous practice PB of 1226 with a 1262.

The 100 yard distance was end after end of 52's and 54's, with some sloppy shots towards the end, but I ended with 624. I also made a note of the FITA score equivalent, and the first three dozen was 342, smashing my previous 330.

At 80 yards I maxed out the first 2 1/2 dozen, but my 60 yards was poor dropping 2 into the red.

However, I went into the county match on Sunday with a target of 1230 in mind. I ended up with 1250, which is GMB by 1 point.

The 100 yards was very nice, finishing on 616, but I had very poor 46 and 48 ends, but each dozen was 100+.

80 yards was steady, and averaged 52 per end, and 60 yards, whilst a bit nervy, was maxed out, which is a first in competition for me.

Overall I am pleased and am now progressing nicely. At least I can now say I have earned my MB and have improved on the 1206 York I shot in May. The only downer is that this was not a UK status shoot (not applied for in time), so I cant use the score.

I have 5 shoots left and hope to get good weather and go all out to see if I can get three GMB scores before the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment