Tuesday 27 July 2010

Andover Double FITA Star - Got my MB!

I went into this shoot knowing if the weather was good I could get my MB for the first time ever. My practice scores up until now had been huge (GMB level), so I had it in me for a good competition score.

Whilst the weather was not ideal, I shot 1330 and 1321 over the two days. Coupled with my 1206 York earlier in the season I had got the three scores I needed. However with the 1206 York it was on the nose, so I want to get a few more comfortable ones to really feel I have earn't it.

Over the two days I also shot three distance PB's; 320 @ 90m, 332 @ 50m and 354 @ 30m. The 50m and 30m were especially pleasing as I have struggled of late (although I shot a PB @ 50m last week). The 30m is probably my best moment. The wind really started to get up but I was really strong in the shot and focused hard and it got me through a very tricky wind.

Overall I am pleased. I have my MB with 5 shoots to spare left this year. It was my goal two years ago when I started compound to get to MB this year, and I have worked hard and its paid off.

My next goal is to try and get as close to GMB as possible, as I have been shooting GMB level scores at the club. I know I can technically do it and that the bow can deliver the arrows where they are aimed. I have not set a goal for GMB, it has always been something I felt was two years away from this season. We will see...!

No comments:

Post a Comment