Monday 13 September 2010

SCAS Intercounties

This was my last competition of 2010, but it could have not turned out worse.

On the Saturday I put a hole in the engine of my car and have probably written it off. The stress of this, and having to sort out an last minute issue with my sight meant that I was not in the right frame of mind for shooting. However I had to attend because the team would be short of numbers.

100 yards was a disaster, and I ended up with 566, about 30-40 points short of my normal standard. I simply could not shoot properly. Thinking about it later, the issue was the classic lack of alignment.

After a pep talk I had a reasonable 80 yards, 410, and 60 yards was good, despite dropping one red (dropped bow arm on release). I was really getting the alignment issues sorted at this stage and the shots were really crisp.

In the end I ended up with 1190, not bad considering I was not in any frame of mind to shoot. One positive out of this is that I was able to turn it around and grind out a result which I did @ 80 yards.

Well that's if for 2010. I am off for a holiday, and then I will come back, get the bow rebuilt and start my training regime of one full 12 doz round per week. I will not be shooting any indoor competitions in the indoor season as I am going to be as ready as possible for next years out door, where my target is GMB.

No comments:

Post a Comment