Thursday 6 January 2011

Happy New Year 2011, and time to set new goals

Well its 2011, and now time to really look forward to the outdoor season. Having looked back at 2010, I achieved all my goals, mainly getting to MB, with some bonuses on the way.

Another feature of 2010 was despite doing well, I was still negative about my achievements. My train of thought up until now has been to never be happy with anything so that I will never stop trying. This is wrong, and only reinforces negative thoughts. I will try and focus on the positives only, and there is no reason why this will stop be from trying. If I set goals, and reach these, then I can set more to keep up the motivation.

Here are my goals for 2011:
  • Win the Triple Worcester in February (my only indoor comp this year)
  • Win the Surrey County Champs in July
  • Gain GMB status by October
  • Be selected for the Surrey County team at the Intercounties
  • Win the Surrey Indoor Champs in November
  • Shoot the highest score for the County team in each match I attend
  • Try and win every competition event I attend
  • Always complete every round and attend every shoot I apply for, and not give up when things are not going well
OK, some of these goals are very high (i.e. winning WRS comps), but at least go into each one with the attitude that I have the ability to push myself further up the leader board.

I have now got my Mathews C3, and coupled with some second hand X10's, its looking promising. I have decided that this year I am going to invest in some X10 Protour's. Having shot with Cartel Triples pretty much all my compound career, its time to see what the best money can buy can do.

1 comment:

  1. Stumbled on your blog the other day. Sound like some really great goals!!!

    ReplyDelete