Monday 31 January 2011

CBE Elite 3D sight review

I have had my CBE Elite 3D sight for a while now, so here is a quick review and photos. Overall this is a very solid, workman like sight that has a real feel of quality to it. Its built like a tank. The vertical track adjustment feels really nice, there is zero play in it. There is no quick release to change distances but to be honest you dont need it. The vertical track has 1 7/8" inches of travel. The C3 the sight is currently on needs about 1.5" and my Monster 6 about 1.2" for 30m to 90m of sightmarks. I struggle for sight marks normally due to my strange head, so normal people should be fine with the amount of adjustment. The vertical block's height relative to the extension bar can also be adjusted as it has two sets of holes that the 3rd Axis block bolts onto. Mine (see photos) is set to the highest, to push the vertical block downwards. Also, the 3rd Axis block can be turned around and then upside down to push the vertical block even further down (again, this is how mine is set). So wherever your sight mark range falls, you should be able to find a position that fits. All of the axes are adjusted by slackening bolts, moving the parts around then tightening the bolts backup. I little fiddly but once done, its done. The windage adjustment is nice and positive, and is locked at the front using a small lever. There is a really wide range of windage adjustment so there is no danger of running out. A word of warning about using MAC scopes with this sight. The scope thread is too big, despite being a standard 10/32 thread. Either the MAC thread is too big or the sight is made too small. I use a Beiter scope thread that screws in perfectly to the scope and the sight with no problems. The sight overall is quite heavy, but is down to the build quality and I don't mind that. Overall, I am very pleased with it and can't see my self moving away from CBE sights in the future.










2 comments:

  1. Nice sight! I think if I decide to start competing a lot I might invest in one of these. My hunting sight works okay but maybe an actual target sight would help my accuracy on the range.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! This is the best thing, Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a nice information.
    3D Archery Targets

    ReplyDelete