Saturday 22 January 2011

Relax and try not to think!

Shot a FITA 18 for the first time in a while on Wednesday night. I had high hopes of a good score, and wanted to hit a 575. However, the indoor range was freezing and I could not relax and remove the tension in my bow arm. It was only the last dozen that I forced myself to relax that I shot well, and put in a 117 dozen, to finish on an average 565.

The positive from this was that when relaxed, this has a direct correlation to shooting well.

Today I shot some 90m outdoors, and again, I was cold, damp and generally fed-up of the crappy weather at the moment. I had the worse practice 90m for a long time, shooting two 306 and 310, 3 dozen practice ends. I normally hit 320+ almost every time.

Any positives? Yes, had some great shots, but some strange ones as well, where the shots felt on the money but ended up in the red. There was a variable wind down range so maybe this was the reason. But generally I think my shot sequence slowed down causing tensions and bad shots.

A day to forget and look forward to the next indoor session.

1 comment:

  1. We all have thoose days we just want to forget, me well I've had a lot of thoose lately at the range!
    Best of luck to you next time!

    ReplyDelete