Sunday 6 February 2011

Arundown Triple Worcester 2011

Today I shot all three sessions at Arundown and scored 298, 299 and the magic 300.

The first session wasn't great with a slow start. The second session I really started to motor and was putting in some really powerful shots. The alignment and positive trigger pre-load was becoming as it should be.

The third session was excellent. Really strong shots, and towards the end of the day I felt like I really could not miss. Even the last 5 arrows where I knew I could get the 300 for the first time ever, I just shot one arrow at a time. I knew all I had to do was align, pre-load, and the shot would drill into the middle, and it did. No nerves to get in the way as I was so confident in my shot routine and technique. Really pleased.

I beat my previous triple county record which is now at 897/900. I equalled the current county double round score of 597/600.

This was as much a mental as well as technical battle, and I feel I have made one step upwards.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! Sounds like a really positive shoot! and a perfect 300!!! Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Its something I have been highlighting for a few weeks now (trigger pressure), and have proved it more than once over several rounds, which is good.

    ReplyDelete