Wednesday 6 April 2011

Double Portsmouth, and finally my 'A' classification!

After two years of trying, and always getting two of the three scores needed, I have finally gained my 'A' indoor classification. I shot two back to back 581 Portsmouth rounds to night.

There were some really nice spells and some great shots, but still littered with sloppy and avoidable shots. However the lighter trigger is starting to make sense now, and I am able to relax more and allow the shot to go off with little concious effort.

I attempted to talk to myself in my head during the aiming phase, but this proved a little harder, and kept switching back to consciously trying to put the dot in the middle. But this is a hard skill to learn, and it will take time and practice to get the mental routine ingrained.

No comments:

Post a Comment