Tuesday 14 June 2011

2011 Essex County Champs

Not a good day for weather but a good days shooting overall. I won the visitors award (and overall, winning by 32 clear points) with a 1234 York. A comfortable MB score in difficult conditions. It rained most of the day, and down range had a nasty changing tail wind that pushed groups left and right at 100 yards.

The 100 yards distance was a solid 598. 80 yards was excellent, and I put down a distance PB of 424, shooting four 106 dozens.

60 yards was a little disappointing, losing focus and putting in two reds, so this is something to work on. Just because its 60 yards and near the end of the round, I still need to attack the distance and make sure of each arrow.

My frame of mind going into this was its was down to the other competitors to beat me, and I was sure of the win before I started because I was confident of my form and technique. There is still a lot of work to do, but I feel I am going in the right direction.

One area that has improved is my mental approach. Bad shots are followed by going through the shot process step by step to ensure the next shot is as good as it can be, and I have clear goals and objectives each time I shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment