Sunday 5 June 2011

More PB's and re-gained my MB

A lot has happened in the last week. I shot the Middlesex County Champs, the SCAS FITA Star and this week end at the UK Masters.

Middlesex was interesting weather, with really tricky winds. I was not at my best but shot a 1210 York and 1324 FITA to put in two early MB scores. Both rounds had bad patches but I went back to basics and really pulled them around. Whilst I was disappointed with shooting badly at times, I am really pleased with my mental strength and application to not let it affect me and work the problem. The highlight of the weekend was my 342 @ 50 on the FITA which is a competition PB. With both scores I finished 1st in the Middlesex champs (as visitor but also overall for the gents compound), and 2nd in the FITA.

This weekend was the UK Masters, and I was hoping for a comfortable MB score to complete the three scores needed, and I did that, just missing out on a GMB score by two points (1350). I started nervously, but shot 323 @ 90m. 70m was still a little nervy, but finished on 336 for a competition PB. 50m started well with a 114 and 113 dozen, but a sloppy 108 left a lot to do to hit GMB. I needed 358 to get GMB on the nose. I started with a 119 and 120 dozen, but then a sloppy 117 meant I was short. However, I did get to claim my 1350 Star badge. I finished 30m on 356, still a competition PB. Overall I am very pleased with my performance but there are still a lot of avoidable points being dropped.

The Saturday was the 50m 720 and H2H. I was very windy and I struggled with a 651. The H2H went OK, winning my first round and then narrowly missing out in the next round to a GB Squad member, which I pushed hard until the last three arrows were the wind ended my chances of an upset.

So overall, its been a good week, but there is still room for improvement and I am sure it will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment