Sunday 16 May 2010

Salisbury FITA

I have just arrived home from a very wet and windy FITA down in Salisbury. The round was dogged with blustery winds and torrential rain at some points, so much so that the shoot was stopped for 10 minutes at one point.

I finished on a respectable 1305, and came second overall, behind the winner who shot an outstanding 1362.

When the wind was not blowing, I was hooting some fantastic ends. At 90m, I shot ends of 56, 55, 54, but when the wind blew I was down to 48's, 47's. At the end of 90m I had 310 points.

70m was poor, and finished on 321, again fighting the wind on the first dozen to only score 104. 50m was no better, and I finished on 324, despite opening with a 5 where the wind blew me off the gold when the shot went off.

30m was OK, but by this time the rain was relentless, and I posted a 350.

It was pleasing to hit over 1300 in such conditions, but a few of the shots were snatched at due to the wind, which is not a good situation to be in. Its also a good score as its the first FITA I have shot since September last year, so in good conditions I think a 1320/1330 would be achievable given the form I showed today.

No comments:

Post a Comment