Tuesday 4 May 2010

Andover Saxon Shoot

The weekend before last I did my first outdoor competition of the year, at the Andover Saxon Shoot (York round). I went into this just wanting to get a feel for shooting the new Monster in competitive conditions, and maybe a PB as well.

The final result was a PB of 1196 was pleasing considering there was a very nasty wind halfway up the range that resulted in arrows being swept to the right. In the end I ran out of windage and had to move the scope across.

The 100 yards started badly, and I opened up with a 40 end. However I picked up and finished on 300 for the first 3 dozen at 100 yards. The second 3 dozen was not so good and finished on 588 for the 100 yard distance.

The 80 yards started badly as well with the wind on the shooting line making it difficult to hold still, but again I picked up to break even at the 80 yard distance.

The 60 yards distance went as expected, with all but one (there is always one!) in the gold.

Overall I finished 4th in the Gent compound line-up out of 30 odd which is OK.

The Monster has again delivered the goods, and I feel like I have been shooting this bow for years.

I have just got to stop snatching at shots when the pressure is on, but overall a reasonable days shooting.

No comments:

Post a Comment