Wednesday 5 May 2010

Stabilisation improvements

In the last week I have played around with the stabilisation on the Monster to see if I could cure the top heavyness and improve the aim. I had just slapped on some rods just to get me going for the Andover shoot a week or so ago, but it still wasn't quite right.

I wanted to try and achieve the level of balance I had with my Drenalin LD with as minimum mass as possible. To my surprise I did manage to get the Monster to balance really well and really steady on the aim, which is something I didn't think I could achieve.

Its essentially my long rod with a small amount of weight on the end, and a long side rod with weight right at the back and low down to balance it out. The side rod is tucked right in to ensure the bow doesn't cant to one side.

Having played around I decided to shoot a York at the club at the weekend to see what affect it would have. It was a flat calm day so conditions were good for a controlled test run. I ended up scoring 1226, well into MB territory (if I was in competition), and it proved the set-up was good.

Tonight I visited a friend who has been playing with stabilisation and his set-up is really nice. I tried to torque the bow in my hand and it really resisted, as it had more weight on the side rods and a longer long rod, but the balance was so good it felt like the same weight as mine although it had more mass weight. Whilst this might not improve the aim of my bow which is really good at the moment, it will certainly help with those more dodgy left/right shots when the hand position is not so good, so I will play around with it further over the next few weeks to see if I can achieve the same results.

Here are some pictures of the set-up.








No comments:

Post a Comment