Thursday 3 March 2011

Re-occurring theme...

Again, a Portsmouth round shot, some good ends, some sloppy ones, ended on 577.

I had increased my draw length by about 1/6" and this bought my alignment in, but I am losing back tension on some shots and collapsing.

However, looking at the positives, my trigger pressure was good and positive for most of the evening, which resulted in some great shots.

Got to work on consistency. The SCAS indoor championships are on Sunday, and is another chance to work on ironing out my current form issues.

I have also booked a coaching session with Liam Grimwood for a couple of weeks time, and am looking forward to this, as I think this will give me some much needed direction and focus.

2 comments:

  1. I never have shot back tension, well if I have it's been without realizing it. But this past week I started and man my muscles are so sore, I think I'm doing it wrong!
    I decided I needed to reinvent myself after all the problems I had. I read Archery for idiots and it really helped. I wish there was a good instructor here, but there isnt.

    Anxious to hear how your session goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess its Idiot proof Archery. Anyway what ever the name is it helped.

    Oh a 577 by the way, I'm envious, I think my best was 275 or something like that.

    ReplyDelete