Sunday 15 November 2009

Shooting at distance after long break

Due to the weather being much better today, I managed to find some time to get down to the range before it got dark to get back into shooting the maximum distances, in this case 100 yards. Its not since the Inter Counties match back in September that I have shot 100 yards, although I have shot a few 70m ends at the club since.

After getting a sight mark I was pleasantly surprised at shooting some good ends, with a solid 50/50 split of arrows in the gold and red. OK, not earth shattering, but considering I have been focusing on indoors the last 5 - 6 weeks I proved that from a standing start I can still get good groups at 100 yards.

I followed on from Saturday's shooting, ensuring that my draw elbow was round and in line, and this had the expected affect of rooting the aiming dot on the gold. When the shots were executed cleanly the arrows landed (mostly) in the gold.

I am very pleased with how this went, and am looking forward to the outdoor season already. If I can get a good run of distance practice over the winter, and get the niggles sorted with my bow and setup, I should be in for some good scores next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment