Wednesday 18 November 2009

Tension is bad

I shot tonight indoors and it was good, as well as bad. The good was I shot using my trigger release and did not have a single punch. It was bad because I could not get the shot off sometimes. I did not get enough pre-load on the trigger with my thumb and despite pulling the shot would not go. This caused tension and the collapse of my shot.

It was only after driving home that I realised that a lot of this was down to my release hand having too much tension, therefore pulling did not allow the hand to contract and activate the trigger during back tension.

When I have relaxed my release hand before it has had a remarkable effect, so I need to get this into me shot routine and work on it.

However it was not all lost, there where some fantastic shots tonight that nailed the X, and no punches (came down instead which is good). It seems that in the last few weeks the punching has subsided, although definitely not cured, yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment